cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to "transform" i.e. move, rotate... a group in Creo View MCAD?

VecTor
6-Contributor

How to "transform" i.e. move, rotate... a group in Creo View MCAD?

Version: Windchill Below 11.0

Use Case: I need to make a selection of parts into a group in order to be able to easily select the same parts again later.

Description:

Version: Windchill Below 11.0

Use Case: I need to make a selection of parts into a group in order to be able to easily select the same parts again later.

Description:

So I made this selection of a dozen parts into a group.

When I click on the group's name, the parts are selected again. However, I cannot seem to transform them.

I need to rotate the selected parts. How can I do that?

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:VecTor)

CreoView is not a CAD system, it is a viewer.

You will need to make your group in Creo and save it there. 

VecTor
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you, but what is then the point of creating groups altogether in Creo View?

VecTor
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

I just saw that there is a Würgaround.

When double-clicking on the groups name, the group's parts are shown isolated.

Then I can do a "select all" and go back to my annotation set, where the selected group remains selected and then can be transformed 🤦🏼‍♂️

VecTor
6-Contributor
(To:VecTor)

Hier ist noch eine andere Methode:

1. Selektieren der Gruppe (daraufhin werden unterhalb des Fensters "Gruppen" in einem Fenster mit dem Titel "Name" automatisch alle Komponenten der Gruppe gelistet)
  2. In dem Fenster mit dem Titel "Name" z.B. per CTRL+A alle Komponenten der Gruppe auswählen
  3. Rechtsklick auf die ausgewählten Komponenten > "In Produktstruktur auswählen"
  4. Nun können die ausgewählten Komponenten transformiert werden, beispielsweise verschoben oder rotiert werden
Top Tags