cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to remove some responsible participant from a WfActivity?

hiko
1-Newbie

How to remove some responsible participant from a WfActivity?

Hello all,

I want to remove some responsible participant from a Workflow Activity.

I can get the responsible participant from the activity by StandardWfEngineService now, but how could I remove one or more responsible participant from a activity?

It seems that the responsible participant of the activity doesn't reside in WfActivity, but WfProcess...

Do you genius know how to do this by some simple API?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Kuo, Yen-ting

5 REPLIES 5
ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:hiko)

Each assignee has their own copy generated with a reference back to the assignment template definition and the workflow process instance. You need to remove a person from the team/roles of the wfprocess team object instance assigned to that task and then you can remove the workitem, wfassignment, wfactivity objects via PersistenceHelper.manager.delete() once you have the objects for that individual’s task in variables.

If you do not remove them from the wfprocess team instance, it may regenerate the assignments or have some other side effect. You could also consider just auto completing the tasks if that’s an option for you.

Let me know if you need further help…

David DeMay

hiko
1-Newbie

Thanks, David!

I've found the way to do what I want.

Best regards,

Kuo, Yen-ting

jasonb13
1-Newbie

I know this is an old post, but I am trying to use three role varialbles in a task. In the start transition i use an IBA to help make a decision on how to fill the roll variable. That works great until I only want to fill 1 or2 of the roles. I have tried to set the other to null, but a task still goes out to default users under an Assigned role Is the similar to what your issue was and how did you get around it? I am trying to figure out if I can use my logic to remove the un-needed role variables.

AlexSaji
4-Participant

Were you able to resolve this ? I am also exploring a way to resolve . My issue is same as yours

You may want to try using the following method

wt.team.TeamHelper.service.augmentRoles([LifeCycleManaged], [TeamReference]);

If I remember correctly then this method should remove or add any assigned tasks from a running workflow on a life cycle managed object.

Top Tags