cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to replace a modified part with the "ADD" icon

JoeFrancz
1-Newbie

How to replace a modified part with the "ADD" icon

Is there a setting to pull the part from common space and replace the modified version in your workspace?

When I select the modified (un-checked out)part in my workspace and the select the "ADD" icon and then un-check the "re-use modified workspace content" and making sure on the advanced tab the item is selected as down load it is not bringing the original part from common space and over writing the version in my workspace.

What I am missing?  Used to work that way in WC9.1.

What I have to do to get this done is:

Search for the part in WC. Do an add to workspace so it over writes the version in my WS.  If I have to do this for a bunch of parts its going to all day.

Thanks

Using WC10.2 M020

2 REPLIES 2
Gagan
7-Bedrock
(To:JoeFrancz)

Hello Joe

No need to add the parts from common space and replace the modified version in you work space individually/Every time ,

Follow the below steps ,

1.Select all the locally modified parts in the work-space that you want to replace with the parts which are existing in the common space . select ADD icon (Refer figure 1-attached screenshot)

2. Uncheck the check box "Reuse content in the target work space"  and clink on Ok (Refer Figure 2)

3.Now in the work space you can see the parts without modified sign , ie replaced with the part from the common space (Refer Figure 3)

Try this and let me know how it goes

ptc comunity.JPG

Regards

Thanks for the reply

Top Tags