cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to search for objects by user when the user has been deleted.

gchampoux
1-Newbie

How to search for objects by user when the user has been deleted.

We need to list all CAD Documents that were created/modified by a former employee.
(Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060)

We use Active Directory as our enterprise LDAP.
The user's AD account was deleted, and in Windchill as well.

When using Windchill's advanced search, it seems that I can select only users that are still defined.
Is there a way to type in the former user's ID?

Gerry

2 REPLIES 2

Thanks to all the replied, and special thanks to Mike Foster who had the solution.

xconfmanager -s wt.org.populateUserFullNameFields=true -t codebase\wt.properties -p

After the above setting was implimented (and Windchll restarted) I now see deleted users listed when searching and selcting them.

I also contacted PTC support, but they were unaware of this.
They supplied me with an SQL script.

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

We need to list all CAD Documents that were created/modified by a former employee.
(Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060)

We use Active Directory as our enterprise LDAP.
The user's AD account was deleted, and in Windchill as well.

When using Windchill's advanced search, it seems that I can select only users that are still defined.
Is there a way to type in the former user's ID?

GaryMansell
6-Contributor
(To:gchampoux)

Gerry,

This is something of interest to us so I made this property change but can see no difference to the behaviour of the System - we are running Windchill 9.1 M062.

Please can you explain in more detail what change in behaviour we should be seeing with this property change?

Thanks in advance

Gary

Top Tags