Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing 2-Factor authentication with Windchill

Contributor

Implementing 2-Factor authentication with Windchill

I got this request from a partner who asks if there is anyone in PTC or Partner community who implemented a 2 steps verification of Windchill authentication? The process is something like:

1. The user submits his credentials
  2. The systems sends an SMS with a OTP or asks to enter one generated by a mobile app
  3. The system asks to enter the OTP before letting the user access the system
I don't think we support anything OOTB, but maybe someone integrated a third party solution workiing with Windchill or our SSO architecture supporting this process.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Implementing 2-Factor authentication with Windchill

We implemented two factor with a product called WikiD.  Not a big fan of it but it works.  Token is provided by a passcode generator registered to a user and PC pair.  We are looking at a replacement with Duo. My experience with Duo is that is supports RSA token and mobile phone, text or email verification.

Hi evacca,

please take a look at the following link: https://prambanan-it.com/en/products/windchill-2-factor-authentication/

Regards

Iker Mendiola
Prambanan IT Services

We recently change to DUO for 2FA.  The first check is Active Directory. The ldap proxy then checks the DUO credentials and if not provided, does a push to mobile device or office phone.  Works well.  We will be testing form based authentication as an alternate if there are improvements in that manner.

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!