cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

In Windchill 10.1, Appletes are not opening, gives null pointer exceptions

vuchekar
9-Granite

In Windchill 10.1, Appletes are not opening, gives null pointer exceptions

Hi all,

In Windchill 10.1 M020, today suddenly all Applets which are accesible from utility's are not opens.

i tried Team Management, Life cycle Template Administrator, Policy Administrator are giving error, while opening Applets.

Please find the image of Error.

and the error stating this "

java.lang.NullPointerException

at wt.fc.QueryStringDelegateFactory.getDelegate(QueryStringDelegateFactory.java:212)

at wt.fc.ReferenceFactory.getReference(ReferenceFactory.java:254)

at wt.clients.lifecycle.administrator.Util.getContext(Util.java:314)

at wt.clients.lifecycle.administrator.LifeCycleAdminApplet.initialize(LifeCycleAdminApplet.java:719)

at wt.clients.lifecycle.administrator.LifeCycleAdminApplet.initialize(LifeCycleAdminApplet.java:710)

at wt.clients.lifecycle.administrator.LifeCycleAdminApplet.access$100(LifeCycleAdminApplet.java:106)

at wt.clients.lifecycle.administrator.LifeCycleAdminApplet$WorkThread.run(LifeCycleAdminApplet.java:614)

"

Please advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What about Java client cache. Which version of Java you are using.

Regards

~Syed

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello Vivek,

I am assuming you are using Java 7. Try to check the security settings and also edit the site list. Clear the Java cache and re-check if it works.

Java_sec.png

Hope that helps,

regards

~Syed

Hello Syed,

Thanks for your suggestion, but it not works.

on my local machine i have Windchill 10.1 and Windchill 10.2 instances with same port number , url n all.

i have to switch off 10.1 instances and start 10.2 instances to access Windchill 10.2, same thing for 10.1 Instances.

intrestig thng is, all Appletes from Windchill 10.2 are opens properly, but when i try to open Applets from Windchill 10.1, it shows AppleteInitilizationError.

Regards,

Vivek

When toggling back to 10.1, did you tried clearing Java cache and then accessing the applets.

Regards

~Syed

Hi Syed,

Every time before staring server, i have cleanup all Tomcat and infoengine cache.

Regards,

Vivek

What about Java client cache. Which version of Java you are using.

Regards

~Syed

After clearing java cache, all applets are working now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Vivek

I am facing similar issue and alredy tried clearing java and tomcat cache but still not able to resolve the issue. I have just a single installation of windchill 10.2 M020. Anymore tips that i can try to get it resolved? my java

version is 7u25

javaConsole.PNG

Top Tags