cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Incorrect drive letter for packagefile entries in ldap

amansfield
6-Contributor

Incorrect drive letter for packagefile entries in ldap

When our 9.1 M020 Intralink system was installed two years ago,the windchill root folder indicated in many of the ldap entries on our production system was set to C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\ instead ofD:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\, where the actual root is. I noticed this during a rehosting exercise this week.

The most common are the ptcPackageFile entries: every one points to C:\. How big of an issue is this?

The system has been running for two years essentially trouble free, but with a look ahead to upgrading to a later build of 9.1 followed by Windchill 10 I'm fearful that there might be some negative impact.

I can't take the blame for it as the system was installed by an independent consultant, not me.

Can I just update the ldap database (Aphelion) or are there any other gotchas? After messing around manually updating my target system's ldap during a rehost this week, including changing all these entries, I believe I can, provided I'm careful.

Any comments would be appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags