cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Internal Browser error - Completely blank

rpasko
1-Newbie

Internal Browser error - Completely blank

Upon connecting to my server the internal browser never repopulates with my chosen workspace, it remains a blank white screen. I am connected as I can open files using the ribbon and verify it through the server manager.

I was recently given a new (faster) machine that was giving me 'the server is unavailable" errors, which was corrected by setting Google as my home page for the browser. Once I click on Workspace in the tree I then connect to my server and the white screen appears.

6 REPLIES 6

Since this is a new machine, you may have Internet Explorer 11 installed.
This can cause problems. We recommend IE 10. You can also try setting your
preferred browser to Mozilla in you config.pro.

Also, what version of Windchill and ProE/Creo are you using?
rpasko
1-Newbie
(To:rpasko)

I'm on IE10 already & mozilla is already my default browser

Creo r2.0-M070

WIndchill r10.1-M040

I've seen something similar before. If you switch to a non-active workspace you may be able to see the contents but the active workspace remains blank or never fully loads. The solution we found was - in a standalone Internet Explorer browser - to select Tools > Internet Options > General (tab). Under the Browsing History section select the Settings button and pick the radio button for 'Every time I visit the webpage'. Restart Creo and the active workspace appears. Not sure how you would set this in Firefox but basically we are disabling/bypassing browser caching when we set this.

Another possibility is to update Creo 2.0 to M100 or later and use the config.pro optionbrowser_limit_to_ie9_mode yes. This config.pro option supports Internet Explorer 10.0. See knowledge base article CS171233 for details.

c128
1-Newbie

Hello Regan.

We are experiencing similar behavior with our intranet sites in the internal browser. A workaround that usually helps is simply to open a new tab in the internal browser and to close it – and all of a sudden the initial tab shows its content…

HTH

Matthias.

jer3d1
1-Newbie

The symptom you describe is shows up with the Mozilla browser, perhaps this is your culprit.

If you are not using the embedded Mozilla browser, this is not your problem.

Below is a fine piece of 'computer language' from Bjarne Frandsen of this fine community. (March 2014, thread title: Embedded Mozilla Browser issue)

To test it:
Close Creo and save the computer language below in a blank text file.
Rename the text file extension from .txt to .bat and double-click it. A black window will flash by.
Launch Creo and see if your browser works again.

If you want to keep the white page problem from happening again, add the computer language to your launch script.

rem clear Mozilla local cache to prevent corruption if xtop.exe is not running
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq xtop.exe" /FO TABLE > search.log
FOR /F %%A IN (search.log) DO IF %%A NEQ INFO: goto skip
rmdir /S /Q "%appdata%\PTC\.ptcm1912\ptc-browser\Cache"
:skip
del search.log

All the best,
Jered

Clear the cache in the Mozilla browser.

My Creo Parametric startup script clears the Mozilla browser cache folder at every startup. I've found this to be the downside of using the Mozilla browser, but easily fixed with regular cleanup.
Top Tags