cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Internal Error

rob.meier
1-Newbie

Internal Error

I set up a proxy server in a DMZ which was working. I week later I logged into it and received the "internal error". I then went to the original server and logged into the Windchill Shell. I did a windchill status and I got this error:

wt.util.WTRemoteException: Unable to locate server manager; nested exception is:

java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: picaade13a014.ade.test; nested exception is:

OK this is a naming issue. It cant find the proxy server that I added last week. I made sure it can ping the said server with the IP and DNS name local and FQDN. I still get this error.

3 REPLIES 3

Can you check if all the ports are open on the firewall (that are required for Windchill)?

Thanks!

Rajesh Balasundaram | Corning Cable Systems | o 817.431.7337<tel:817.431.7337>  |  c817.676.2868<tel:817.676.2868> | IT Site Leader – Keller | Windchill System Admin

On Aug 16, 2013, at 10:16 AM, "Robert Meier" <rob.meier@us.army.mil<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:rob.meier@us.army.mil">>">mailto:rob.meier@us.army.mil>> wrote:

I set  up a proxy server in a DMZ which was working.  I week later I logged into it and received the "internal error".  I then went to the original server and logged into the Windchill Shell.  I did a windchill status and I got this error:

wt.util.WTRemoteException: Unable to locate server manager; nested exception is:

java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: picaade13a014.ade.test; nested exception is:

OK this is a naming issue.  It cant find the proxy server that I added last week.  I made sure it can ping the said server with the IP and DNS name local and FQDN.  I still get this error.

----------

Thanks for yourhelp! OK I checked it out. Just to be sure I opened up all ports for testing from the DMZ to the inside. I still get the same error: Connection refused to host which is the proxy server. Is there some utility to fix this?

Did you open it from inside to DMZ too? Check for the port numbers that windchill DS listens too. You can get that from wt.properties file. Make sure those ports are open too.

Thanks!

Rajesh Balasundaram | Corning Cable Systems | o 817.431.7337<tel:817.431.7337> | c817.676.2868<tel:817.676.2868> | IT Site Leader – Keller | Windchill System Admin

On Aug 16, 2013, at 11:22 AM, "Robert Meier" <rob.meier@us.army.mil<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:rob.meier@us.army.mil">>">mailto:rob.meier@us.army.mil>> wrote:

Thanks for your help! OK I checked it out. Just to be sure I opened up all ports for testing from the DMZ to the inside. I still get the same error: Connection refused to host which is the proxy server. Is there some utility to fix this?

-----End Original Message-----
Top Tags