cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Intralink 10.0: How to set Autonumber to "Sequential Number" instead of "Filename"

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

Intralink 10.0: How to set Autonumber to "Sequential Number" instead of "Filename"

Hello my veteran 'chillers,

After creating a new .prt in Wildfire, I save the .prt file which thenplaces it into my local Workspace. Then I Check-In the part from my local Workspace to the designated (Commonspace) Product Folder.

Upon Check-In, the new Intralink object is assigned a NUMBER. Currently, the NUMBER is set to the same as the FILENAME. I do not want that. I want the NUMBER to be set to a meaningless Sequential Number.

When we had our Intralink 3.4 database migrated, all the migrated objects were intentionally assigned meaningless Sequential Numbers as the NUMBER.

And when operating strictly within the Intralink 10.0 environment, new objects are assigned meaningless Sequential Numbers as NUMBER. (For example, during a SAVEAS [formerly known as Duplicate Objects in Intralink 3.4]).

It's only when performing a Check-In of an objectnewly-created in WF4 that the NUMBER gets set to same alphanumeric value as the FILENAME.

I have read that the OIRs control how a NUMBER is generated, but why is the behavior different only when the object is a new WF4 file being Checked-In for the first time? The OTTB OIR settings seem be fine except for Checking-In a WF4 file the first time.

Any ideas where I can control this behavior?

TIA!

1 REPLY 1

This is fundamental and has to be planned up front - hopefully you're not yet in production. If you had a consultant get you to this point you should ask for all your money back.

OIR's (object initialization rules) control Numbering. They allow for either auto-number as you're seeing or manually-entered numbers. Need to work with .xml files to change the rules.
[cid:image001.png@01CDB6B5.DB716530]

[cid:image002.png@01CDB6B5.F82EE0D0]

The migration from Intralink 3.x has to be done with all such already set up as desired in Windchill. It may too late.
Top Tags