cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is There a Way of extracting an EPM Doc Version into a Post Publish Parameter Set?

tdraper
1-Newbie

Is There a Way of extracting an EPM Doc Version into a Post Publish Parameter Set?

I am trying to create a Windchill publish rule for generating a PDF document from a Creo drawing. Our CAD Worker by default creates .plt viewables, and I have written a Publish Rule that uses the "additional-files" option to also generate a pdf file when the Creo drawing is checked in. So far, so good!

However step two is to include a post publish action in the rule that creates a WTDocument with the PDF file attached to it. This does work using the DefaultPostPublishDelegate option, but here is the bit I can't do...

I would like the name of my WTDocument to include the EPM Documents number and the EPM Document version. There only seems to be substitution key for the EPM Document number {EPM_NUMBER}, there doesn't seem to be a key for {EPM VERSION}.

Does anybody have any neat tricks or ideas on how I could achieve this?

Is there some way of triggering a process after the WTDocument is created to do a rename?

Can it be fixed using Object Initialization Rules?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
ZC_10909252
6-Contributor
(To:tdraper)

did you ever figure this out?

It is definitely possible if you extend the post publish delegate and create WTDocument in that delegate. 

So basically customization. 

Ok so I have done that however I do not know what to put in the name or number parameters to get the version of the CAD added to the EPM_NAME

<param-set name="Create Illustration source from CAD">
<post-publish name="delegate">com.ptc.wvs.server.publish.EPMPostPublishDelegate</post-publish>
<post-publish name="type">wt.epm.EPMDocument|com.Nordco.DefaultEPMDocument</post-publish>
<post-publish name="name">{EPM_NAME}</post-publish>
<post-publish name="number">{EPM_NAME}</post-publish>
<post-publish name="viewable-compression">false</post-publish>
<post-publish name="published-content-link">True</post-publish>
<post-publish name="folder">/Technical Publications</post-publish>
</param-set>

Top Tags