cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Is it possible to classify parts with more than 5 classification nodes in 10.2

arajagopal
8-Gravel

Is it possible to classify parts with more than 5 classification nodes in 10.2

Hi All,

It seems it is a product limitation.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS207435

I am interested to know anyone done any workaround to overcome this limitation. We are in 10.2 M030.

Thanks

Ayyappan

4 REPLIES 4
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:arajagopal)

What is the business reason for classifying a part to more than 5 simultaneous, different classification nodes?  In my experience i high percentage of customers use PartsLink to have only one classification node for an object, and sometimes have a need for 2 classifications, but rarely more than that.

I am wondering if the schema structure being used may need some rework...

Bob

I agree with you.

Ayyappan are you working with legacy data and trying to migrate to Windchill ? While it could be seen as a limitation of Windchill, similar situation exists in many other well know system.

Migrating system should always include gap analysis and review of current methodology, procedures, processes etc....

Best regards

Hi Chris & Bob,

I was wondering I have floated a question too early by running some testing.

Yes. We are working to migrate more than one legacy schema into Windchill and still in a process of determining a situation where more than 5 nodes gets applied.

So, based on your response, it seems one should not be end up with that situation.

Thanks

Ayyappan

I think you business has a perfect opportunity to review its master data management/governance and simply all this.

Migrating systems should not be a pure technical IT exercice but an opportunity for improving data, processes and people

Top Tags