cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Is it possible to delete a project container?

DarrenStorey
7-Bedrock

Is it possible to delete a project container?

While I doubt there is a "supported" method, is there a way to delete a project container.

Some of ours are in a mess. Some years back we installed a PTC patch to add functionality to project link and it caused total chaos. Breaking project templates and project containers.

I have 3 project containers with the same name (3 separate ID's) but only one is visible in the UI.

Another project which is not visible in UI at all.

Several projects which don't function correctly, ghostly relics since adding the projectLink patch in the past.

It would be nice to clean house and remove these troublesome projects if possible.

Darren

7 REPLIES 7

Hello Darren,

Yes you can. Refer the following topics in WHC.

1. Terminating a project or program

2. Deleting projects or shared objects

Regards

~Syed

Thanks Syed

When I delete a project and remove content, project and content disappear from search results.

Is it correct to say that "hidding from search" is all that is really happening?

While the button/action is called "DELETE", via reporting I see that related business objects are retained. Container, Container Team, Domains and ACL etc.

Regards

Darren

I dont think so. Refer to the last section of the first link. Excerpts are below.

>>>

You cannot permanently delete all references to the project in the database. Instead, deleted projects and programs are hidden in the database until an organization administrator either restores it or permanently deletes its content.

In order to permanently delete the project or program data:

1. Navigate to Organization Image Reports.
  2. From the Projects table, select Deleted Projects from the table views.
  3. From the right-click actions menu, select Remove Content.

Once the content has been removed, you cannot restart the project or program. However, a row for the deleted project or program permanently remains in the Deleted Projects view.

<<<

I havent tried the above option of deleting through Org admin which results in the content removal.

regards

~Syed

Syed

I tried this already from the Org projects table and the project containers, container teams + memebers, domain all remain.

If content is removed and a project cannot be restarted, it seems strange to leave behind all the business object infrastrcutre related to the deleted project,

I currently have a related support call open, so I will add this information to the call.

Thanks

Darren

Hello,

I have very similar  or almost same issue.

If the project is deleted and then the content is deleted other users can still view the ProjectPlan objects as the activity by a reporting.

I use the report to show the usage of resources and the results are mixed with deleted projects which is not relevant information.

Do you have an answer from tech. support?

Seem to recall this was "working to spec" 😞

Actualy I found the right parametr to filter the active projects and deleted projects in a report.

Project (wt.projmgmt.admin.Project2).Persist Info.Mark For Delete

In this parametr is the information of deleted or not deleted project.

Valute 0 are Not deleted projects

Valute < 0 are pernametly deleted projects with content

Valute > 0 are deleted projects without content

I think this is very usefull information for creatin the reports agains not deleted projects.

Best Regards.

Top Tags