cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Is it possible to map values from rbinfo file to soft IBA created on a WTPart subtype?

pjain-6
5-Regular Member

Is it possible to map values from rbinfo file to soft IBA created on a WTPart subtype?

I have soft attribute created in a sub-type of part. I want to populate its drop-down from rbinfo file. I dont want to use global enum or legal list. Any Suggestions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pjain-6,

Not sure about rbInfo approach, but I did similar kind of customization way back (and still using it) of reading values from .properties file and getting them in drop down for IBA on WTDocument create layout.

If you wanna explore this approach, you can try instructions mentioned in KB article. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS138327

Refer Below screen capture from my implementation:

CustomEnum1.png

I read somewhere, we can also extend this approach so that, if values are added or removed, modified list gets displayed in the drop-down, that too without restarting Windchill Method Server. Smiley Very Happy

I am trying to explore this approach, but no luck for now.. I will surely post my findings here if I found anything.

Regards,

Shirish

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @pjain-6,

Not sure about rbInfo approach, but I did similar kind of customization way back (and still using it) of reading values from .properties file and getting them in drop down for IBA on WTDocument create layout.

If you wanna explore this approach, you can try instructions mentioned in KB article. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS138327

Refer Below screen capture from my implementation:

CustomEnum1.png

I read somewhere, we can also extend this approach so that, if values are added or removed, modified list gets displayed in the drop-down, that too without restarting Windchill Method Server. Smiley Very Happy

I am trying to explore this approach, but no luck for now.. I will surely post my findings here if I found anything.

Regards,

Shirish

If you are using Windchill 10+, then you should be using the global enumerations unless otherwise customization is a must for your requirement.

To answer your question, yes it is possible to list the values from a rbInfo file using a DataUtility.

pjain-6
5-Regular Member
(To:ShirishMorkhade)

Hi @ShirishMorkhade,

i used global enum instead as the rb file we were trying to use did not had enough values.

Thank you for your help. 🙂

Top Tags