cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Is there utility to associate one EPM Document to several WTPart in bulk? We've got approximately 1200+WTParts that fall into this category

sbattin
2-Guest

Is there utility to associate one EPM Document to several WTPart in bulk? We've got approximately 1200+WTParts that fall into this category

I have one EPMDocument (AutoCAD) and it is associated to 9 WTParts, one of them is the Owner, the others are Contributing Content.

We have a utility that relies on EPMDocument that is the owner link to determine what the name & number should be for the WTPart.

I am wondering Is there utility/way so the other eight WTParts get the appropriate name/number.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Sagar

the short answer is yes. you can mass upload pretty much anything and also create relationships, change statuses etc....

Generally it is done via the Windchill Shell, There are various standard tools available. I have personally not used them myself but my team did. They got some help from our consultant to get started and practised on our test server and it worked fine. .

You will find information in the help file

We also have had custom script developed to mass rename filename/number/name

Sorry I cannot give you a code or a fully described work instruction. I do not have them at hand.

Best regards

Thank you Chris for quick response.  I'll check WHC to get more information on this.

Sagar

bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:sbattin)

I believe LoadFromFile may be able to accomplish this through the PartEPMDocDescribes loader.  I also have some mass renaming/renumbering/re-filename-ing tools that have proven very helpful.  Both of these are server-side utilites using Windchill Shell.

Let me know if you are interested and we could work something out!  Feel free to reach me at robert.sindelar@eccellent.com.

Announcements

Top Tags