cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Java NullPointer Exception on Windchill MPMLink

RL_10799214
2-Guest

Java NullPointer Exception on Windchill MPMLink

I am using Windchill MPMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.0.2

Any time we use the function'Assemble As New Branch' of XBOM Transform we obtain an error on screen: java.lang.nullpointerexception.

6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:RL_10799214)

I would look at the MS logs and find where the exception is written. Posting that section of the MS log would help people see what this is related to.

2023-10-16 09:57:52,894 ERROR [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-7] com.ptc.cat.ops.server.DefaultOperationDispatcher mirko grimaldi - null java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.associativity.asb.server.transform.TransformationClientServerInterface._buildModel(TransformationClientServerInterface.java:1386)

Hi @RL_10799214 

You should provide full log error, several rows up and down around the error message from a server method log. 

Usually the information around is interesting, not just the error line. 

PetrH

full log in the attached file

Hi @RL_10799214 

Error while populating down stream part is path : java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

this error shows that some string value is empty or null, and that's why the error is thrown

Check OIR rules, there can be trouble with some conditions or some attribute is not shown in the wizard and it needs a value - check type and attribute layouts

PetrH

Hi @RL_10799214 

Check the method server log, there is more information why there is null point exception as avillanueva mentioned

Anyway first think what came up in my mind is if you've correctly set the lifecycle, does the design object have a revise transition in the current state of design? it can case similar behavior. 

CS387606 - Unable to create a New Downstream Branch

HelesicPetr_0-1697438816106.png

knowledge base next issue

CS357621 - 'NullPointerException' observed upon 'Paste as New Branch' in 'Occurrence Mode'

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags