cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Java process removed: 1388@MAPLM

jburress
5-Regular Member

Java process removed: 1388@MAPLM

I receive three emails every morning at 4:17 AM.  First one states that the method server stopping, message is "JMX connection to method server
'BackgroundMethodServer.1388' failed".  The second one states the "Method server 'BackgroundMethodServer.1388' removed" and third one Servlet Engine Stopped:  Java process removed: 1388@MAPLM.  How do I go about troubleshooting?  This just started about ten days ago when the windchill server was rebooted.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Joanna

3 REPLIES 3

It looks like you bgms process is stopping everyday at the same time. Since this happens at the same time, I think it would be backup script or some server script which  is rebooting the server at that time. If it is a windows server, could  you look for uptime of the server ? More specifically you can look for eventviewer events for windchill services? Also the task scheduler

If it is unix based host, then uptime command  ps -eo pid,comm,lstart,etime,time,args | grep 'PID' is very useful.

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

Since it's the BGMS that's stopping, it's also possible that the cause is a scheduled queue entry that is running at the same time every day and causing a fatal error. Does the BGMS log from the stopped process show any errors just before it stops?

Joanna,

Were you able to determine the cause of the BGMS stopping every morning?

Top Tags