cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Limits on search results

amansfield
6-Contributor

Limits on search results

What govewrns the number of search results returned in Pro/Intralink 10.0?

I used to be able to search in 9.1 and get a complete set of results regardless off what I was searching on, for example all .drw files in a given context, which may be > 50,000.

Any search I do now is limited to about 2000 - 2100 results. Two settings I have changed are the preference for Tables --> Size Limit (to 100000) and the server property "wt.pom.queryLimit” to -1, which I believe means that an unlimited set of results should be returned.

I don't have access to Query Builder (I don't believe) so I have to use standard searches for getting what I need.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me on this.

Thanks in advance for any advice..

2 REPLIES 2
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:amansfield)

Hi Andrew

if you can change such setting surely you have access to QB.

It is good practice to limit the search results. Searching is not for reporting and this can have bad effect on the performance of the server.

We used to have no limit and our new consultant changed it to 5000 and we are much happier with the performance.

amansfield
6-Contributor
(To:amansfield)

NacNac:

As far as I'm aware Pro/Intralink users are not licensed to use Query Builder so it's not available to us. If someone knows otherwise, let me know.

Top Tags