cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Locking preferences from users

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Locking preferences from users

What is the 'quick' way to lock preferences from users? For instance, I don't want any users to be able to change Check-Out Collection rules. However, I do want them to be able to modify the Vault and Replication
Do I have to go in One-By-One and Lock them?
3 REPLIES 3

Use the windchill wt.preference.ImportPreferences -importfile="<filepath>" which is documented on page 50 of the Windchill 10.1 Specialized Admin Guide. You will have to generate all of the user names on which this should be locked. Otherwise can't you lock it at the Org level which will lock it for all users? I thought that's how it worked but have never tried it.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CE1A81.67C32A30]

Thanks Patrick, I'll look into that.
Yes, locking a preference at the Org Level Locks it for all users. But going into every preference and locking it seems like too much effort.
Ideally, I'd be able to set a wt.preference to lock all of the preferences, then manually go Unlock the ones the users should/can change.

-Vaughn
720-216-3495
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:vmcdaniel)

Hello

you can do that directly from the GUI.

If you want the lock to be at org level, you need to log as Org Admin, then go to preferences.

You can then select if the user (which can be the user or a context or the org),

if you select Org, then whatever you do in the preferences will cascade to any lower levels. You also have the option to lock and this will lock it up to the users level.

You can also be more selective and only authorise or lock particular user only.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Top Tags