cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Marc-AntoineLem
3-Visitor

Hi all,

I'm normally using my windows login name to work in proE (wf4( and ProductPoint. I wanted to created a 'superuser' to be able to work on library parts. How can I create that new user and loging in with this user.

I tried creating a local user on the server, adding it to PP. But from ProE, it never ask me to enter a username.

Thanks

Marc

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

As far as I know, Pro/E logs in into ProductPoint as the current user you are on your workstation. If you want Pro/E to use the credentials of this "superuser", you have to login on your workstation as this "superuser".

Best regards,

Cor

One thing I notice, one of my users has a computer on a workgroup and not the company domain. When he starts ProE, he need to enter his password everytime. That might be a solution but a weird one ?

Anyone knows why he has to log in everytime, and how I could have the same thing on a regular machine (that belongs to the company domain)

I have found that when a user's name and password matches the company's active directory windows username and password that they log on with it does not require a login but automatically logs them in. However if the user is either on a computer not part of the domain or is logged on as a user not added to productpoint it will require a login.

What is the purpose of forcing a login everytime other than having a superuser account? If that is the case, have an admin login to windows for that user on their windows client that will map to the admin user in productpoint for active driectory integration. There are other methods of logging in as well, you can have only local user accounts and not tie into an active directory solution but that is going to cause a secondary password management so it may not be a good solution for you. There are a couple of other options but it is more sharepoint based and less productpoint based, I attached the authentication options screenshot.

Chris Olson

Enser Corp

Top Tags