cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Lost the Pop-up Dialog box in Check Out & Download

krichardson
1-Newbie

Lost the Pop-up Dialog box in Check Out & Download

The dialog box 'Open File / Save File to Disk' is not showing up when I go to check out a document. This just happened – prior to yesterday morning the check out function was working fine. Then for about an hour, the dialog box was not appearing. We are actually just seeing a flash than the browser refreshed to show the object as checked out. Again, inexplicably the behavior returned to normal and the dialog box appeared. Now, this morning we have a vanishing check out dialog box.

The consequence is that I have no idea the location of the checked out document file is located.

This is happening across browser platforms (IE 7.0.5730.13, Firefox 3.0.13) and across workstations / users.

On my client login, I set the /wt/content/noDownloadOnCheckout to <u>true</u> in the Preference Administrator without any change or impact on the problem. I have since set the preference back to the OTB <u>false</u>. I cannot trace it to any other client end actions on my part (as admin) that would start, stop and restart the dialog box behavior.

Our IT people have stopped and restarted the method server and are troubleshooting that end of things.

As usual, I am reaching out to users; I have found the Pro/Engineer Windchill community to be a valuable resource.

Thanks, Kathy
Windchill PDMLink 8.0 M050 (production environment)
1 REPLY 1

Did you recently upgrade the client Java?

Send lawyers, guns, and money...the sh!t has hit the fan!
Top Tags