cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Manually upload pdf viewable as representation

JCapriotti
2-Guest

Manually upload pdf viewable as representation

I have some old raster scans of hand drawings that we need to maintain. We make minor edits to them from time to time and re-pdf them. How can I manually upload this PDF drawing as a representation on the wtpart? I create a new representation and on "Chose Input Source" browse for the PDF  but the job status just sits stuck on EXECUTING. Is this possible? 

5 REPLIES 5

Yes, this is definitely possible. I used to do it all the time. How large is the pdf file?

You could also add the PDF to the part and let the WVS push the PDF in as a representation. There is a TS article that explains how to setup the WVS to re-use PDF, JPG, etc. for representations.

Add the PDF as an attachment to the WTPart or in a different way? Thanks.

I answered too quickly and too short. Not sure what your final data structure is, but if the pdf is created as a document it can have a representation created by WVS. If you ultimately want to have this in a part, you can add the document as a described by or reference document.

That make this a few extra steps, but maybe nicer than a part with a representation.

Jason,

Yes this is definitely possible for the standalone WTpart (not driven by Cad ).  If the Job sticks in executing and does no t complete open a case with PTC TS to review the PDF and if any properties changes are required on the server.

If you decide to upload PDF as WTdocument it can be published by office worker (if available) or dummy worker 

As others mentioned you can have this WTdocument as described by document to WTpart 

Thanks,

Vishwas 

Hi Vishwas,

I have the same requirement to see the wtdocument representation on the described wtpart.  The wtpart is NOT driven by CAD.  Is there a special Windchill configuration to make this happen of is this something I must do in a custom workflow (java) step?

Top Tags