cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Manufacturer/Vendor name in a custom view on Part structure tab

AT_9691961
6-Contributor

Manufacturer/Vendor name in a custom view on Part structure tab

When create a custom view on structure tab by 'Manage structure views', I am not finding Manufacturer name or vendor name to show suppliers of AML/AVL in select column display tab. I am using Windchill 12 OOTB. Is it something restricted in WC12? As I used the same in 11 OOTB and the columns were there for selection in views.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @AT_9691961,

To populate WT parts structure with the custom column, that column element should be the part of the IBA. As you were able to see them in Windchill 11 OOTB I believe those are still part of IBA (Internal Business Attributes). I have not experienced any issues for Windchill 12 but if it is specific to only two attributes then you should start looking into the way you have defined them in types and attribute manager. 

Also you can try out the article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs345136 to add them in part usage tab and check if they are visible.

Thanks,

Hemant

I think @AT_9691961 is talking about something different. Since structure table can show AML/AVL parts, these attributes are not IBAs and are displayable:

avillanueva_0-1663761615328.png

The vendor name above shows the name of the vendor assigned to the vendor part linked to this component in that supplier context. There might be multiple entries.  Same is true for Manufacturer's name and status. I just fired up my 12 system and can confirm that those attributes do appear:

avillanueva_1-1663761824041.png

This is a silly question but its it possible that the supplier module was not installed in the 12 system but was in 11?

Paridhi
4-Participant
(To:AT_9691961)

I faced similar issue in WC 12.1.2.1. PTC provided workaround in below article-

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS401096?source=search

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:Paridhi)

Ok, looks like they are suggesting using alias attributes but boy is that a terribly written article. Screen shots and examples would be useful.

Top Tags