cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Microsoft Publisher 2013

PeterBrown
1-Newbie

Microsoft Publisher 2013

Hola - has anyone done any Windchill Integration with other MS Office file besides Excel and Word? We do all of our technical docs in MS Publisher and I'd like to add the tab to the MS ribbon and do Check In/Check Out/Revise as is possible with other MS formats.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:PeterBrown)

Unfortunately, Windchill DTI does not directly support Microsoft Publisher today. I am not aware of any easy way to customize or enable this on your own since there are no published API's with DTI. Best option is to create an Idea on the Winchill Community and have users work with the browser interface or the Windows Explorer interface for Publisher files.

BTW, Publisher does not support document properties, so you cannot link Windchill attributes with Publisher documents.

-Scott

Tried adding the .dll manual thru Options>Add-ins, it didn’t recognize the add-in. I browsed to C:\Program Files\PTC\Desktop Integration and selected the same .dll that was shown in the Add-In for excel and word (WtOfficeAddin_x86.dll) but nothing happened, it didn’t appear in the list. Kind of odd since if I select a different .dll from the same folder I would receive an error “(name).dll is not a valid Office Add-in”....

No error for WtOfficeAddin_x86.dll but it doesn’t appear in the Add-ins table either.

Top Tags