cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Multiple Change Tasks in a Change Notice: Do you really use them?

aacciano3
14-Alexandrite

Multiple Change Tasks in a Change Notice: Do you really use them?

I have been using Windchill for quite a while now.

I have done many implementation of workflows for the company release process.

Throughout the years, I have realized that having multiple Change Tasks in a Change Notice add UI challenges for simple users. Workflow tasks are obviously nested under their PBOs, but training users and let them understand their task will happen only after all Change Tasks are completed and the Change Notice workflow resumes it has been a real struggle, no matter what company/industry I have been in.

Furthermore, it "complicates" data report.

Managers will have to have a full understanding of the workflow implementation to understand data in a non "linear" way, since a completed CN may have multiple CTs.

I am curious to see how anybody is using Multiple CTs and if they found any advantage using it, since the workflow tasks in a CT can be definitely moved inside the CN workflow.

I am honestly thinking to go toward one CT and don't even using CT workflow (to help out what the user sees in the Tasks for Change Process table).

Thanks for sharing.

1 REPLY 1
AdamH11
5-Regular Member
(To:aacciano3)

Even though we do have a small handful of Staff that use multiple Change Tasks, I can see the benefit of removing the requirement. They do it mainly to assign certain work to certain individuals. Electrical schematics to one team, for example, Printed Circuit card changes to another, BOM change to another, etc.

Announcements

Top Tags