cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

NDI error on upload from workspace

j0sizemore
4-Participant

NDI error on upload from workspace

Good morning! I need some advice, and PTC is not reacting very quickly. We have a situation where a user cannot upload or check-in files due to receiving an NDI error: "NDI error 2 dependencies have same unique ID M/33-0184-51.prt/-1". It is a small assembly and the user made only a drawing change, but he upped the rev on the assembly as well. I opened a call with PTC on Monday - but their resolution did not work, and I can't seem to get anything more out of them. Do you have any ideas or have any of you seen this before?

Subject: PTC Call C7196637: is being processed

Dear Joanna,

You opened 7196637 with PTC Technical Support on 20-Jul-2009, with the following description:

"Receive NDI error on upload from workspace: NDI error 2 dependencies have same unique ID m/33-0184-5x/-1"

I have been assigned to look into this issue for you.

1) Add the config option "save_objects=all"
2) Restart Pro/ENGINEER and confirm that config.pro option is set.
2) Open file in Pro/ENGINEER.
3) File | Save (Allowing Checkout on the fly if necessary)
4) Then upload/checkin .

Please update me the status if this resolves the issue.

TIA!

1 REPLY 1

Hello Joanna

Just try below steps .

1.rename the part 33-0184-51.prt to some test.part in common space Then go to workspace and do workspace synchronize .Then the part 33-0184-51.prt will change to  test.pat , File name.

2.open the assembly and check weather test.pat is replaced in the model tree instead of 33-0184-51.prt ,is yes check in , if no remove assembly and the part from the workspace ( you will lose the saved data ) and add assembly again from the common space redo the work .

3.Once checkin is succeed , rename back test.prt to 33-0184-51.prt ,and again do Workspace synchronize

Tested in  Windchill 9.1 date code M070.

Top Tags