cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

New application Help

anis
1-Newbie

New application Help

Hello ,

I'm new in windchill and i have to connect it with other application, the aim is to import files from this application to windchill from distance

I'm new on this and i want to know from where shoul'd i begin and if you have some useful docs i will be very gratefull

Should i use info*engine? PDM Link ? create a web server ? create a j2EE or J2SE application ?

Please i need a little help

Thanks

Anis

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:anis)

The question's a little vague.

If it's a one time deal, you could export to an xml/csv and write a loader to be called from WC. Or you could do a direct jdbc (assuming the source is in a db). Generally, you want to go through WC's Persistence layer, but if you know what you're doing, direct db manipulation can work.

Are you pushing? Maybe use Info*Engine tasks.

Are you pulling? Use Windchill's java api and a custom queue.

There are many options

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for your answer.

Let me explain more what i need,

In fact, i have other application X (not a CAO application) and i need it to be integrated with WC.

Files from X running on a PC should be exported to windchill that run in other PC so i need to know what should i do and what shoud i use

Configuration:Windows SQL Server 2003, Apache Tomcat

Tahnks

Anis

JacobAKoch
6-Contributor
(To:anis)

If I am understanding you correctly, I think you are asking about possible file types that WC will allow you to import from.

If this is the case you can do a loadFromFile from within a windchill shell on Excel type files like csv.

yes i tried with loadfromfile but it works only with csv files i need to import other types (.txt, .scy....) besides the files are in othe PC so Should i develop a web service to export files from an application to Windchill that run in other application?

Announcements

Top Tags