cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

New to windchill

Rohith_529
5-Regular Member

New to windchill

Hello PTC  members,

I am new to PTC windchill, Please suggest me any documents, links or videos for beginners.

Is there any expert can teach me. Please respond to my email

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Karthik

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Rohith_529)

Is Windchill installed?

Is Windchill configured for your organization?

Is your organization new to PDM systems?

Are you using Creo or another CAD system with Windchill?

What is your background, engineer, business systems, IT, computer science degree, etc?

How do you plan on using Windchill in your organization?

There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube and the PTC website.

The Help section of the web site has links to articles on how to install, configure and setup Windchill.

Take a start with "PTC University Learning Exchange" video tutorials: https://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorials/by_product/ptc-windchill/product_id:2

Like most enterprise systems, there is a whole lot to Windchill.  It's kept every one of my brain cells very busy (and challenged) for 15 years.

Put a lot of effort into understanding what is there as installed before making changes.  Preserve the as-installed (commonly called OTB) condition where possible.  One way to do this is to leave configurations at Site level alone and create all yours at Org level.

Create a Library (or Product) container and add all types of test / sample data there.  Helps greatly to have these permanently.  Note: They are also then carried along to "rehosted" non-production systems.

Top Tags