cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Now I've gone and done did it...

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Now I've gone and done did it...

I was modifying the "All Open" Change Notices view and it doesn't seem
to want to accept the filter for Resolution Date. Previously, it was
blank meaning that it should look for any ECN that does not have a
resolution date. There is no is null option in the criteria for this
field. When I edit it again, it keeps removing the filter criteria.
Looks like it worked via undocumented functionality but has since been
fixed. How do I revert back to what it was before? It should so show
all ECs without a resolution date.

2 REPLIES 2

I have always had to delete and let system auto recreate.

You'll need to look at the JSP code to see the table view name and use that to find the row entry and blob data in tableviewdescriptor and delete the row. Make a special note of its ida2a2 oid, as you then have to delete all references for users that referenced that tableviewdescriptor.

The other table is activeviewlink (going off memory here can doublecheck if you want)

Anyway, you can delete the rows out of that table referencing the tableviewdescriptor you delete in the other table. The table identifier is the same column name in both tables so you know you are deleting the right one. ida2a2 just gives you that confidence boost.

If you delete the wrong thing, you risk having to delete everything out of both tables. (Which is how a brand new system is)

Clear browser cache prior to refresh or reload.

Dave

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

One of our users had a smiliar issue, I believe with trying to modify an existing filter. They actually got an error message where they could no longer view change request etc. Here is the info we recieved regarding the matter:

Please follow these steps and you should be able to resolve this issue

1) As any user who is able to view the Change Request sub tab, login into Windchill, and visit the Change Request Sub-tab.
2) From the Current View drop down, pick 'Customize'.
3) When a Window pops up, press 'Ctrl + n'
4) Copy the URL of the new window, and send it to the user who is facing this issue.

For example the URL for me is
<u>http://i3777.ptcnet.ptc.com/Windchill/servlet/WindchillAuthGW/wt.enterprise.URLProcessor/URLTemplateAction?Action=HtmlcompTableViewManager&TableId=change_listChangeRequests&u8=1</u>

You can also send this URL and modify the Server/Windchill portion of the URL to match your server.

5) Now ask the user to pick any view other than the last picked view, preferably a system view.

This will allow the user to see Change Request page.

The cause of this issue is that the user added a filter with a does not equal criteria, this has already been reported in SPR # 1542464. The issue is fixed in Windchill 9.0 maintenance release M060. There is a TAN 143423 available for it which should be accessible to you in a day or two. The link for the TAN is:
<u>https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=143423</u>

Top Tags