cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Object to object configuration link creation

kumarappan
6-Contributor

Object to object configuration link creation

Hi all

I have requirement to add a label/tag (like label feature in Gmail) to all Windchill objects( WTPart, WTDoc, CAD, Change),  for better categorization. Need suggestion on the best solution to adapt. I don't want either of the object to get iterated while association is created. Also i want the reporting on the label collection objects.

I can create WTDocument subtype for the label/tag. But not sure which configurable link is good as i don't want to iterate. Also irrespective or the iteration/revision association should be maintained.

Need your suggestion.

7 REPLIES 7
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:kumarappan)

Have you thought about or looked into Classification in Windchill?  We are working on a project on a test server using it.

kumarappan
6-Contributor
(To:STEVEG)

Hi

thanks for the replay. We thought about the classification. But they want to see all classified object at one place. Also customer want to person mass edit and mass promote for the classified object.

Kumarappan

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Can you give us more details?  I am not sure I follow.

kumarappan
6-Contributor

Hi,

The expectations are

1. They should be able to tag/label objects in Windchill ( DOC, Part, Change and tag)

2. Should be able to see all tagged/Labelled objects in single table 

3. Should be able to perform mass edit  and mass change request creation for the tagged objects.

4. Subscription should be possible

5. Label/Tag should be private or publish

6. Should be able to add team list for each tag/label.

7. Should allow to send mail to team members

8. Should show latest object of the tagged/labelled object. But should have option to see the initial selected object.

9.Should be able to have hierarchy of tag

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Windchill also has a "Label" function/module but I don't know if that does what you are looking for.  I haven't used it.

Some of these possible can be taken care of just by using the out of the box "Types" feature.  Maybe create sub-types?

kumarappan
6-Contributor

Sure will lookin to subtyping in Windchill

kumarappan
6-Contributor

Hi All,

We just a another subtype as Tag and using it. But it doesnt seems to be correct. Expectation is as similar to dynamic label function in gmail. or  or 'Add Tag' like function in the pTC community window.

Top Tags