cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Oracle 11g & PDM 9.1 M040

MarcHendrickson
1-Newbie

Oracle 11g & PDM 9.1 M040

Has anyone testing, upgrade, etc to the PDM Link 9.1 using Oracle 11g?

Any quick advice on the process? I am starting the upgrade process next week on our development server and am interested in any bug, issues, problems with upgrade, etc...

4 REPLIES 4

Yes,

If you are doing an upgrade, make sure you run this against your windchill app server:

Oracle 11g with 16K block size:

<property name="wt.generation.sql.tinyBlobSize" overridable="true"&lt;/p">

targetFile="codebase/user.properties"

value="32k"/>

<property name="wt.generation.sql.smallBlobSize" overridable="true"&lt;/p">

targetFile="codebase/user.properties"

value="32k"/>

You have to run JavaGen.sh registry false false true false false

Also, like usual, make sure that all the defaulttablespaces (i.e WCAUDIT, INDX, USERS, TEMP, BLOBS) are there. Also, add some space to BLOBS and USERS for CompareSchema. Don't add customized indexes because they will be temporarily removed prior to Adding Constraints when the database is upgraded. It is best not to add the customized indexes from previous versions. Sometimes depending on which version or application like Pro/I or FlexPDM, the new updated schema will have its own indexes. Also, make sure do this upgrade at least 5 times on a test mirrored system before you attempt to perform it on your new production system. I usually keep the legacy production system as a backup in case of fail-over.

It is a great idea to run Oracle Optimizer/Toad to suggest on the live new system with data loading new indexes.

I created this to help me out. It may help some of you. The rehost guide may be a little out dated. I don't usually use it anymore. I've done additional stuff since the Reebok upgrade in 2005.

Another thing, you should configure you kernel parameters on your app server like your oracle server. It's been pretty good with me as an initial baseline depending on your amount of RAM, cpus, etc.
Top Tags