cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PDF and ProductView

danjdial
1-Newbie

PDF and ProductView

Folks,

Per Call number C7874751, PTC has told me that if one is publishing Pro/ENGINEER Drawings as PDF's in Windchill you cannot adjust the height of the font used to create notes in any annotation created.

I was told that product management's position was that the ability to edit the height of text in a Markup on a PDF should be an enhancement request.

I could almost live with not having control over the height of the font if the system was smart about picking the text height. However, I have found that depending on the size of the drawing one is trying to annotate the font could either be to small to read or so large it covers most of the drawing.

I hoping against all hope that someone has figured out how to adjust font height in product view for PDF drawings and if not that enough folks will reach out to their PTC representatives to pressure them to fix what is clearly and oversight on behalf of development and product management. (It was obviously thought necessary for markups of product view and HPGL files, because the text height of notes is adjustable in those.)

Sincerely,
Dan J. Dial
1 REPLY 1

It turns out that the functionality has nothing to do with ProductView. Adobe doesn't provide comprehensive text formating controls for Markup up notes in it's tools. To fix the below problem, PTC would have to rewrite Adobe. I guess adobe was conceived of as an 8 x 11 document viewer where a one size fits all approach to red lining works fine. Sorry for the outburst. Anyone know how to get a message through to Apple about Adobe?

In Reply to Dan Dial:
Folks,

Per Call number C7874751, PTC has told me that if one is publishing Pro/ENGINEER Drawings as PDF's in Windchill you cannot adjust the height of the font used to create notes in any annotation created.

I was told that product management's position was that the ability to edit the height of text in a Markup on a PDF should be an enhancement request.

I could almost live with not having control over the height of the font if the system was smart about picking the text height. However, I have found that depending on the size of the drawing one is trying to annotate the font could either be to small to read or so large it covers most of the drawing.

I hoping against all hope that someone has figured out how to adjust font height in product view for PDF drawings and if not that enough folks will reach out to their PTC representatives to pressure them to fix what is clearly and oversight on behalf of development and product management. (It was obviously thought necessary for markups of product view and HPGL files, because the text height of notes is adjustable in those.)

Sincerely,
Dan J. Dial

Dan J. Dial
314 378 5922
Top Tags