cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PDMLink 10.0/10.1 Banner

MikeIbosh
1-Newbie

PDMLink 10.0/10.1 Banner

Good Morning All,
I'm looking into moving our system from PDMLink 9.1 M060 to 10.1 M020 early next year, and was testing some of the additions I use in the current system. In particular, I use the banner at the top of the page for announcements (because it shows up in both a standalone browser and the ProE browser). This is a wonderful way of letting the global Windchill community know about emergencies or upcoming events, and shows up immediately without a server re-start.
[cid:image002.jpg@01CD1954.21306760]

In 10.0 and 10.1 all of the files still exist, but when I setup and use the banner, it's overlaying or being covering up with the standard top of page, and is very messy. Has anyone figured out how to add the banner at the top of the page without the clash?
[cid:image005.jpg@01CD1954.21306760]

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

All,
OK, I got it working (somewhat). What I found is you can't use any tables or fancy html formatting like you could in 9.1, and you have to be careful of placement in the standard header so it doesn't overwrite anything else. Also, it only shows up when the navigator is closed, and does not show up in the Creo2 search pane (left side panel) like it used to in Creo/Elements Pro and 9.1.
[cid:image004.jpg@01CD195A.BC6A0C30]
If anyone has more information about this capability, please let me know. Thanks for your time ...
Mike

Mike,

The banner for 10.x is explained in the Windchill Customization Guide 10.0, under the heading 'System Banner Alert Mesage' (pg 462). Be patient, it is a 23MB PDF download! Their example overlays the banner on top of the Windchill header. This is what PTC's internal Windchill deployment uses. Thisbanner shows itself on all pages, all the time. I've seen this implementation cause problems on some Windchill pages (though at the moment I can't remember exactly which pages).

Windchill 10.0 introduced inline messaging to providequick, momentarymessages like 'check in succeeded'. This can be used as a less intrusive banner. It is descried in the same guide under the heading 'Inline Mesaging' (pg 752).

I find the alert banner lacking because it requires directaccess to the Windchill application server (either through login to the server or a shared folder) to update the banner message. Some companies don't grant their Business Administrators access their Windchill servers.I would like to view/edit the alert banner text file through the Windchill UI as the site/organization administrator roles. Has anyone done this?

Kind Regards,

Matt Meadows

Solutions Architect
VIRSO Inc
O: 618 937 8115
C: 314 749 8377
E: mmeadows@virsoinc.com

Top Tags