cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

PDMLink Performance: Creo vs. Wildfire

mganzer
1-Newbie

PDMLink Performance: Creo vs. Wildfire

Hi Folks,

Anybody see any performance metrics ofProE vs. Creo when accessingPDMLink? What I am trying to find is relative speed of common operations when accessing 9.1 (or 10 for that matter) from Creo when compared to Wildfire. Are any activities such as upload or check in faster when using Creo?

Thanks,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6

Which versions are you referring to? Wf2 vs Creo 2?

[cid:image001.gif@01CD4AF7.E7B097A0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

The PTC Enterprise Deployment Center has a benchmark document that may be of interest; you can find it on ptc.com:

Windchill Creo Data Management Performance Benchmark Test - Data Sheet - -

Jane am I correct in reading this that AddToWorkspace operations are approx. 20% faster in WF4 as compared to Creo 1??

[cid:image001.gif@01CD4AF8.E17098D0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Hi jane,

Great information (thanks!),but I am looking for more of a head to head comparison of Wildfire 4 or 5 against Creo when doing operations against and identical PDMLink version rather than each test having a different ProE/Creo and PDMLink build. This will help though.

Thanks,

Mark

There was a talk by PTC at the conference. This is one slide from that slide deck. I wish it was one of the talks I'd had time to attend as there is a lot of good info in the slides. The talk was called "Windchill Architecture Primer Part 1"

[cid:image003.jpg@01CD4AFB.E0F60A40]

David Haigh
rpassolt
5-Regular Member
(To:mganzer)

Mark,

You need to use Fishbowl's linkTuner which will give you the exact benchmark results in your environement.

http://www.fishbowlsolutions.com/PTCSolutions/FishbowlPTCAutomationandIntegrationSolutions/SolutionsForPDMLink/linkTuner/fs-mkt-linktuner_webcopy

Some of your coworkers are looking at linkTuner already, but I'm not sure where they are at in their decision process.

Have a great weekend!

Rick

Announcements

Top Tags