cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

PDMLink Promotion Approval

RonGrabau
7-Bedrock

PDMLink Promotion Approval

I havesome questions about Promotion Approvals. I have set up a test environment for our PDMLink and I am using PDMLink 9.0.

It seems to me that the approval process is very slow. When an object is promoted, we are using the OTB workflow and have a role set up for the approvers. I have found that the approver can only approve one request at a time. When you are getting hundreds of these approvals it would seem that the approvers would get over whelmed. I understand that there are ways to accept approvals and only show your personal assignments but we have a few people handing a lot of work.

My question is how do other companies configure their systems to balance these loads? Has it been a problem for you? I could just be worried about this without much data to back it up, but I do know that these approvals can come in mass with 50 to a 100 approvals at a time. Does anyone use the Review process at all along with or instead of the Approval Process? I turn off the Review process with preferences since I don't want designers setting objects to a State that they should not. I have not found a policy that allows me to block given roles from promoting at a given state either so it seems that using the Review process would be dangerous.

Thanks for any help, suggestions or just listening to me whine.

Ronald B. Grabau
ME Applications Engineer
HP - Houston

1 REPLY 1

Call to chat if you like...

One major thing - Gather all related items on a single Promotion Request. Do this by:
A) Search within a Product or Library - then the Promote icon shows on Search results. Can select many from search results to start with.
B) Use the collector

This should cut down the number of approval assignments drastically.
Top Tags