cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Pro/Engineer Pro/Process Asssemblies in Windchill/ProductView :MPMLink Work Instructions

BrianSullivan
9-Granite

Pro/Engineer Pro/Process Asssemblies in Windchill/ProductView :MPMLink Work Instructions

Hello.

I wanted to see if any companies out there are view Pro/Process Assemblies in ProductView/Windchill Currently?

ProductView Lite/ ProductView Professional currently do not support the Composer Module in either 9.1 or 10.0; Both Productview Comparison Reference Documents state it would be considered for a Future build. As it did not make 10.0 ProductView... Wanted to see if a heavy hitter was using? Anyone in ProductView User Group? ProductView Standard 9.0 is not compatible per documentation with 10.0;

Currently:
You are required to use to use ProductView 9.0 Standard with Composer Module (selected on install); This allows the Pro/Engineer Pro/Process Assemblies to be "stepped" through within ProductView.
I am working with a customer that has 10 years of legacy Pro/Process Assemblies; They currently have to make very detail Process Drawings to cover every angle. The thought was to use Windchill with MPMLink so that we have Online Instructions and the Floor can use Productview to spin/rotate and less Information could be on the Drawing (ie single view)
MPMLink uses ProductView Annotations per Operation. (Basically copy PV Representation; Make Annotation) Currently in Windchill that means "MANUALLY" exploding, orienting, adding notes.... (Thinks Pro/Process already had setup)
With ProductView Standard/Composer I should easily be on the Proper Step and Make an annotation in just a few seconds.

So:

1. Anyone using ProductView Standard with Composer Module to show Process Steps currently?

2. Anyone using Work-Around for MPMLink to speed up Work-Instruction Views?

3. Any Suggested Work-Around with ProductView Professional? (Publishing of Combo States? Explode States? Views? From Pro/E Assemblies)

Brian Sullivan

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags