cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ProductView Lite issues

inkddawg
1-Newbie

ProductView Lite issues

Aug 21, 2009 02:40 PM

I havea good number of new drawings created in Wildfire 3.0 that when brought up in ProductView Lite have issues. If the notes and dims are yellow on the Pro drawing, when brought upin PVLite they are displayed faint and unreadable when display is set for monochrome. They will print out the same way. Now, those same drawings displayed in ProductView Standard will display with all notes and dims in readable/printable black. Anyone else see this and perhaps have some tips for me? PVLite is provided with WindChill PDMLink as the default viewer but when the viewer will not provide readable and printable output that is less then effective and functional. I would hate to find out that to get the proper output we would have to purchase PVStandard for everyone in our production line, quality department, purchasing and marketing departments when all they need is a readable image and/or a print.

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:inkddawg)

We found the same.

We got PTC to agree that all our users could use PV Standard w/o charge until the bugs in Lite were fixed. To get to this point, we had Tech Support record multiple webex sessions in which we showed the problems existing and they were not able to fix them.
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:inkddawg)

Another issue we found (SPR opened) was that the plot file sent to the
printer was HUGE. I think this was an attempt to boost plot quality
which made Lite unusable before. I believe this is targeted for 9.1
M040.

We are on Windchill 8.0 m050 and WF3.0 m180, and haven't noticed that particular problem. We have Monochrome display set to false, but print monochrome set to yes. I suppose it could be some server setting as well that is controlling the output too.

I will include a screenshot showing our typical preferences set up. While we haven't had that trouble, what we have run across is a lot of trouble creating annotation sets on drawings. Text size changing, usability issues. The situation is bad enough that most of the engineers have taken to making PDFs and marking up those instead using ProductView Lite.

We found the same problem in our current Prodenvironment (PDMLink 9.0 M020 - PVLite 9.0). However, we are currently testing a 9.1 M020 update on our Dev environment with PVLite 9.1 and the issues seem to be resolved (as promised).
Announcements

Top Tags