cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

ProjectLink Plan Issues

dwilliams
6-Contributor

ProjectLink Plan Issues

Hello,
We are using ProjectLink with Automatic Executing tasks and have been experiencing a large amount of random issues with our plans. I am curious to know if anyone out there is experiencing any of the issues mentioned below and if they have found a root cause.

1. Activities starting before their predecessor activities are complete.

2. Activities being automatically cancelled.

3. Task update causes the task to complete.

4. Projects created with a space at the end results in a "Conflicting Entry Error".

5. Project Manager / Project Creator does not have access to modify a newly created project for which they created (getUsers failed error).

6. Activity Owners cannot signoff or update a task that is assigned to them.

7. Project that was created as "Automatic Executing with Task Delivery" somehow changed to "Manual Executing". The ability to change this is not available. This was a system change.

8. Task percentages and dates are not rolling up to the activities.

9. The duration is getting set to "0", the predecessors are being removed and the task is getting marked as complete. All of these happen without any user interaction.

10. Setting a task with a "0" duration, causes the task to complete by itself. The "0" duration is used when an activity or multiple activities can happen in the same day.

We are on 8.0 M050 and our projects are created with a project template. We originally used a defined project as our template but per the advice of PTC, we have transitioned into project templates.

Because we do not know the steps to reproduce, we have not been able to find a solution. We have 2 to 10 projects breaking per week with one or more of the above issues. This causes our project managers to spend half the day rebuilding these plans.

If anyone has experienced these types of issues and can offer some advice, I would sure appreciate your reply.

Thanks for your time,
Dax Williams
Business Administrator, Windchill
Lifetime Products, Inc.
-<">mailto:->

[Lifetime_Logo_BlkWhite_Sans_email sig]

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Dax,

Did you receive any reply's to this post? I am running into similar issues where tasks are started prior to their predecessor completing so I have a few users getting tasks assigned to them that they can not actually start yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Colleen

Hi Dax/Colleen,

I am using Windchill PJL 10.2M030. I am facing similar issues as mentioned above where tasks are started prior to their predecessor completing.

Thanks,

Sharath.

Hi Dax,

I am using Windchill PJL 10.2M030. I am facing similar issues as mentioned above where tasks are started prior to their predecessor completing.

Thanks,

Sharath.

Top Tags