cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

ProjectLink Template with Documents created via Latest Template

cjohnstone
3-Visitor

ProjectLink Template with Documents created via Latest Template

Hi everyone, I'm creating a ProjectLink Template. I have my project setup with a plan and activities that link to specific documents. These documents are created from a template. The document template however changes periodically and I want to ensure that when I create a new Project (based on the template) that the documents that are created with it, use the latest content form. Anyone know how to make sure this happens?

Thanks,
Chrystal Johnstone
Lead Project Engineer
[cid:3251120752_1962861]
(206) 394-3522
www.RedDotCorp.com<">http://www.RedDotCorp.com>

3 REPLIES 3

Don't embed the project document templates in the project - pull from document templates at Org level.

Will do. If I create the initial project and documents (via these org templates) and deliverables...and then save the Project as a template; will it now pull from the org document templates when I create a new project from this template? The idea I want the documents to pre-exist in the project with their deliverable links etc. I don't want my users to have to go and create the document from a template manually and then link it to the deliverable.

Not aware of any way to do that - would be nice.
A workaround might be to actually name the files or add a description that instructs users to check the current template version and use the latest when needed. Big maint hassle. To facilitate, we created a query builder report listing all Document templates with their versions and made it available from within all Projects. No easy way that I know to confirm what version the doc files are in the project template except to embed in their name.
Top Tags