cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Publishing Best Practise

ChrisCollinson
6-Contributor

Publishing Best Practise

Hi All,

Just wanted some feedback on when people have Windchill publish CAD Docs etc, at present ours is set to every check, I am thinking of changing this topublishon State change instead which should reduce the amount of publishing done by the CAD worker.

The reason being that once the object is checked in and goes through a promotion process it needs to be republished once the new state has been assigned.

Any thoughts on what you guys door tales of woe about this please send my way

Happy Friday all

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

It really depends on your demand for published objects.

The text below is extracted from the visualization services guide 10.1 m030, which is an interesting document by the way, it covers all I said about dedicated queues/workers and more.

"These settings are defined in the WVS properties file, as well as the Workerfile:

availabletime=

The format of the string that sets the time/days is the same for the workerformat applies to the local area where the Method Server is running, as defined bythe 24–hour format. Each of the time of day specifications can also include a dayand on Saturday and Sunday is available from 05:00 to 20:00.

An example of USA format for the same times and days would be:

availabletime=7:00 pm-6:00 am, 5:00 am-8:00 pm - sat, 5:00 am-

8:00 pm - sun

If the format is incorrect, Method Server messages will display."

I hope more people can give more tips on this theme.

Warm Regards

Guilherme Rocha - Tech Consultant

PLM Solutions do Brasil

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:ChrisCollinson)

Hi Chris

I agree with Guilherme. it all depends on your business needs to use those vizualisation files. If no one uses ProductView (or thumbnails, and the thumbnail navigator) then there is no need to have a CAD worker.

For our company, we have a high need of productview and therefore publish

on check in

change of life cycle state

rename

new revision

also republish the drawings when only the model was changed. To ensure the drawings are published with latest configuration.

I would recommend to analys the need of your business. taking into account that users can also send a job to the publisher. But this requires the users to check if the vizualisation they are looking at are up to date or not and know how to send a job to the publisher.

Hope this helps

Top Tags