cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Publishing - $ERROR$ Problem creating directory ftp : xx. Do not have write access

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Publishing - $ERROR$ Problem creating directory ftp : xx. Do not have write access

Having issues with FTP and publishing.

Publish Monitor says
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:davehaigh)

Take a look at these two articles:

We just have the Creo adapter, but I have it setup for production, dev, and QA servers. One worker defined on each.

This worked fine in 9.1. The worker on each server pointed to its own folder.
I suppose I could set up unique virtual folders in the FTP site for each server also. Right now I have it set so all use the same folder.

Right now I'm just trying to get one server going.

[cid:image002.png@01D06B8C.D9D67B50]

CS33760 mentions running the service as Local Domain Admin. Very few folks here have those rights.
Plus we are https, which requires a real user run the service. This all worked fine in 9.1. I could have a typo someplace, who knows.

[cid:image003.png@01D06B8C.D9D67B50]

We are using FTP because, with all the security restrictions we live under, an open share becomes a problem.
Besides, ftp just seemed a more robust method. I was always having issues with the shared folder method.

David Haigh
Top Tags