cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Re : Aphelion Crashed with Hard Drive

nweydert
1-Newbie

Re : Aphelion Crashed with Hard Drive

If you create a ldif file every hour, you will have to export the database and the vault files every hour ....
because in version 8, aphelion contains data like Context Groups, Contexts ... related to data in your database Context Roles, Products-Libraries-...
and you know the vaulted files are referenced by the database ....

So ... backup aphelion every hour is unuseful.
As a conclusion, just make a backup every night and you will just loose a 1 day work.

- Nicolas W.

1 REPLY 1

The Database can be rolled back to any point in time, so all you would need to do is give the dba a time to roll the db back to and you are fine. This has worked for us for several years. We had a situation where we needed to roll back the db a couple of hours and since we export the LDAP on the hour every hour, I told the DBA to roll back the db a couple of hours and I used the LDAP export from that time and everything worked fine. I guess it would depend on how work you are willing to loose, 1 day VS 1 hour...

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
Top Tags