cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Readable list of all WC10.1 preferences

DarrenStorey
7-Bedrock

Readable list of all WC10.1 preferences

Attached is a handy readable list of all WC10.1 preference definitions which are exposed in the UI

Also shows description, default value and visibility setting.

Compares all of the above + preference category path in UI with WC 9.1 where there is an equivalent preference.

Regards

Darren

8 REPLIES 8
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:DarrenStorey)

Hi Daren

thanks for this. This will end up been very useful in a near future for us.

Have a good....

Also thank you for the post.The beauty your's offers is that they are in the same order as the UI (makes easierto find). I also don't have to be a site admin to see what they are. I am an ECAD guy and have been struggling to find someone that might also have ECAD preference settings and or examples.Particularly the "operation" portion.

Any one that might help?

A Product Idea was submitted for this and Jane Zupfer provided some good links to the Windchill Help Center. PTC's goal is to have all the preferences document in a future release of the Help Center.

Creation of a document that lists all the preferences in the Windchill Preference Manager

Meanwhile, it's relatively easy to create a query builder report that lists them all.

it's a bit tricky to get each tied to their parent category since they are nested a bit. Would be good to have this Query Builder report OTB from PTC (should take < 2 hours for an experienced person to create this report).

Mike, I believe that's how the Help Center team is collecting all the data. I'll remind them about submitting their search so its there for others to use.

AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member

We have a JSP to print all preferences with their names, default values,
current values, and descriptions. It can be easily copy/pasted to excel.
We find that just having them in a format like this with their
descriptions makes it easier to see what is going on, especially as we
have many settings that are context-specific.

On the Home page we made a "Solar Utilities" link with links like this

Al, This is fabulous.

We agree that it's really important to be able to know:

- current values

- which are different from OTB

- which are different by lower context

- why they have been changed from OTB (comments)

Also, it's also important to know which defaults change from release to release. Many times we've been burned by leaving at default, then the default changing w/o knowing Would be great to have a compare tool.

AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member

The report I provided actually changes color of the text for anything that
Solar changed from the PTC default. Blue is changed from defaul. Black
is default.

Like this...

Al

[solutions] - RE: Readable list of all WC10.1 preferences

Lockwood, Mike
Top Tags