cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Reading .pcf, .txt, .dtl, .pro, .cfg, and .tbl files from Windchill PDMLink into Wildfire 4.0 config

sean.sullivan
1-Newbie

Reading .pcf, .txt, .dtl, .pro, .cfg, and .tbl files from Windchill PDMLink into Wildfire 4.0 config

Hello all,

We have been up and running on Windchill PDMLink 9.0 M050 since April of this year. As we get more involved with the capabilites, I'd like to utilize the system administration of Wildfire 4.0 M040 within Windchill.

My question is how to go about using the config.pro and config.sup files and respective paths for configurations (i.e. - pro_dtl_setup_dir) to point to files within Windchill.

I've created a read only library for the users for company standards such as Notes, Table files, Drawing Setup files, Plotter configs, etc. I've tried creating documents within the library for the .pcf, .txt, .tbl, and .dtl files but am unable to correctly read them when pointing to them via the configuration (i.e. - pro_dtl_setup_dir wtpub://.....).

Any ideas and/or help?

Thank you in advance.

Sean Sullivan

Velcon Filters LLC

CAD Administrator / Product Development Engineer

1 REPLY 1

We have tried and have never been able to get the following path statements to work with a Windchill address:

drawing_setup_file
global_appearance_file
pen_table_file
pro_crosshatch_dir
pro_plot_config_dir
system_iges_header_file

There may be others, but these are the ones that we use and have not been able to get to work. We might be doing something wrong, so if anyone has gotten them to work, let us know.

- marc

Announcements

Top Tags