cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Releasing Problems in ProductPoint?

Gary2
1-Newbie

Releasing Problems in ProductPoint?

I am continually working on multiple projects at the same time and trying to document changes to systems that we have built and shipped. Currently Product Point will make you release every file that has been revised when you release upper level drawings. I would like Product Point to show me all the files that have changed but be able to select what models that are being released. This way I can control my revision levels and keep the revision level on the drawing consistant with the revision level within Product Point. How are you handling this issue or is this something that you would like to see changed within Product Point?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Gary,

I'm afraid that the answer is no. I have been through this with a customer and there is no option to exclude "child" items from being released. I had a really good talk with PTC product management on this and it's something that they are working to change in 2.0. Can't guarantee anything on this though.

Regards,

Allan

Allan,

Thanks for your insight. I have tried to talk to PTC about this myself and they tried to take care of it in M040 by giving you an opportunity to roll back a revision level which helped solve one problem that I was having but not this one. It is encouraging to hear it might be coming in 2.0. Thanks again.

Gary

Top Tags