cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Remove ootb document attributes constraint

ailut
1-Newbie

Remove ootb document attributes constraint

Hi Guys,

I want to remove the OOTB String Length constraint for the Document Type (actually I would need that the maximum length accepted to be on 40 char instead of 160). Is this possible?

How can it be done?

Thanks,

Alex

5 REPLIES 5
satre-2
1-Newbie
(To:ailut)

you can add new string length constraint to limit name to 40 chars

length.png

Thanks

shreyas

ailut
1-Newbie
(To:satre-2)

Hi Shreyas,

That is true and valid when you give the name yourself. The problem appears when you add a primary content source with the name larger than 40 char. Windchill will accept the name even if you set the constraint to 40 char.

Thanks,

Alex

satre-2
1-Newbie

Do you want to restrict fileName/Primary content name to <40 chars ?

Thanks

Shreyas

ailut
1-Newbie
(To:satre-2)

Is it possible? I guess that is a solution also.

Thanks,

Alex

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Are you using Windchill 10.2? I tested this in 10.1,10.2, and 11.0, and it looks like in 10.2 it ignores the constraint if Name is populated as a result of selecting a file with a value greater than the max characters specified for the String Length constraint. In 10.1 and 11.0, however, it recognizes the constraint when populating Name via the selection of a file. In 10.1 it only populates the max number of characters allowed by the constraint. In 11.0 it throws an error when you try to complete the Document creation process that indicates that Name is too long.

Top Tags