cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Replacing Content of a drawing

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Replacing Content of a drawing

We have a few drawings that when published through the CAD worker do not show the complete views that we have in Creo. If we save as to a PDF file, we get all of the views as they appear in Creo.

With Office documents, I can publish outside of Windchill and then import the *.pvz file into Windchill as the default representation. We did this with a bunch of .docx files before we upgraded to CreoView2 which supports them.

Is there a way to take the .pdf generated from the save as and replace the content representation of the drawing with the good version?

Windchill 10.0 m040

Creo 2 m100

4 REPLIES 4
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

You can manually create a Representation and upload a file (PDF) from disk.  You can set this as Default Representation as well as delete other representations.  Have this in place as a "poor man's publishing" alternative to the Adobe LiveCycle based OFFICEWORKER (which wouldn't publish Visio files anyway).  Another requirement that I'm not sure the LiveCycle based publisher would handle (OOTB at least from what I can see) would be adding the Document Number and Revision into a Footer on the face of PDF.  Yes a Watermark could work but Footer is preferred.

Reps1.jpg

Reps3.jpg

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kpritchard)

That works for a document, which I have used, but for a drawing, you do not get the Local File Name box to upload an existing file.

I need to replace content of a drawing, not a document.

kpritchard
4-Participant

Sorry about that... I didn't look at Drawing specifically.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Any one have issues with drawing views not fully generating from your CAD Worker and needing to replace the default viewable in Windchill?

Any tricks to getting the drawings to fully publish?

Any idea how to use an existing PDF as the default content of a drawing file?

Top Tags