cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Replication Schedule Administrator - Job Listing

mnelson-2
1-Newbie

Replication Schedule Administrator - Job Listing

Greetings...

I opened a couple of tickets with PTC on this issuebut never found a resolution. I'm hoping that some of you have already crossed this bridge...

I have several replication servers scattered around the globe, so I monitor the replication jobs on a daily basis.Windchill appears to keep the data associated with only the last 30 replication jobs, although job listings for all of the other runs still exist. Consequently, if I have a server that has executed 294 runs, there will be 294 listings, but only runs 266 - 294 will contain pertinent data (the start time, end time, items completed and total items fields for the other 265 runs are blank). PTC's solution was to delete the replication job and then recreate it - or wait for a fix in a future upgrade.

Can the system be configured to purge the old runs that no longer contain data? Is the amount of stored run data configurable? As the number of runs increases, pulling the information can take a significant amount of time -as long as 60 seconds for eachreplication server. Additionally, while the system is crunching to return the data, my "time in GC (garbage collection)"percentage skyrockets and the system response time tanks. Hopefully the problem description makes sense - I will include a screenshot of the job summary as well.

Thanks in advance...

Mark

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags