Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Republish on state Change

Highlighted

I am kind of getting the run around from PTC on this.

Here is the question.

When you change a drawing from In Work to Released Will it triggera republish of the the wvs.publish.republishonepmdocumentchange= true

But it still does not trigger a republish. One PTC support tech said yes, the other said no.

Should it? Does yours? What do you all do?

HELP!!!

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

It may be possible to, but it should not.
Changing the State is the company’s control mechanism, and by definition needs to be done AFTER all editing is done and all approvals are done.
The current state needs to be represented in the watermark applied to by ProductView.

The fatal error some make is including the state INSIDE the drawing / document, requiring an iteration after changing the state.
Highlighted

I think below property should be “publish.publishonepmdocumentchange”. We have set it and it does republish EPM Documents on state change.

Thanks,

Lakshman Easwaran
Stryker
325 Corporate Drive
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Highlighted

We have it set and it does republish on state change.

Mike if the state is pulled from the system attribute there is no need to iterate the design.

Steve D.

Highlighted

I am almost positive that the feature for publishing based on the state change is part of Medical Device Template.

If that is the case then one can deploy a listener service that listens for the state change and fires the publishing activity.

Hope this helps

Thank you and have a great time.

Best Regards

Swamy Senthil

Principal Solutions Architect, Swasen Inc

swamy.senthil@swasen.com(Email); 909 800 8423(M); 973 324 2729(W); 866 908 6561(F);

Highlighted

Republish on state change is out of the box (not related to MDT)

Thanks,

Lakshman Easwaran
Stryker
325 Corporate Drive
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Highlighted

If only the state is changing and none of the information contained in the design definition, why you republish?
Highlighted

1) We permanently watermark viewable so that all users can open viewable in Reader. We do not use ProductView for watermark rendering thereby avoiding the need to install Adobe in user’s machine. We have added an action in document details page that will open viewable in Reader.

2) As we use Medical Device Template e-signatures are appended as the last page of viewable. This is triggered by the custom listener on successful publish event.

Thanks,

Lakshman Easwaran
Stryker
325 Corporate Drive
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Highlighted

RE: Republish on state Change

I guess I am just confused. How is this not a standetred feature? We have all of our drawings publised to PDF. The only way I know how to change the state is through PDM LINK directly not through Pro/E. So if I release my drawing I have to manually go in and say republish so I can send a drawing to production that has the words " Released ont it?

That just does not make sense?

Highlighted

The whole point of republishing on the state change is so you get a published version showing the release state and iteration of the released file. In ProE, our formats display the following pdmlink parameters ptc_wm_lifecycle_state, ptc_wm_version, and ptc_wm_revision.

Those change when the drawing is released without any user interaction. Having the system republish on state change allows you to get a new viewable showing the correct release and iteration. We are using pdf as our viewable.

This is an unreleased drawing.
[cid:image005.png@01CBDE5F.65E1D730]

This is a released drawing:
[cid:image004.png@01CBDE5F.186D0B50]

This is the other corner of the format that shows the version and iteration for the model and drawing:

[cid:image007.png@01CBDE5F.65E1D730]
All of these values update when the file is released. The user never has to touch the drawing.

David Haigh
Announcements