cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ResourceBuild failing for rbinfo files in wtCustom in Windchill 10.1

cbalasubramania
4-Participant

ResourceBuild failing for rbinfo files in wtCustom in Windchill 10.1

we have customized few rbinfo files like

com.ptc.core.ui.navigationRB

com.ptc.windchill.pdmlink.change.client.changeRB

by adding in /wtCustom folder in windchill 9. We are upgrading to windchill 10.1. I tried to do ResourceBuild from wtCustom folder it failed by giving error as "resource info not found". I understood that the corresponding rbinfo file in src package is missing in Windchill 10.1 and respective Java resource files are present. How can I move ahead with this.Do I need to copy the java resource files in wtCustom and edit it and then do a build ?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Use the enumCustomize from Windchill shell and add the new value in the wtCustom,Change2 folder and rebuild the jar.

ok .. but how can i customize WTListResourceBundle type resource file for eg. com.ptc.core.ui.navigationRB available as java file in windchill 10.1 ?

the problem is solved ..

Reference to PTC Document :

• 10.0 implementations of String resources implement java.util.ListResourceBundle
  • See windchill/src/wt/util/resource/resourceCustomize.rbInfo file for more details

• To automatically convert resources of type wt.tools.resource.StringResourceInfo to Java based resources, use

ant -f bin\tools.xml custom_convert

• The Ant target is available starting at 10.0 M030
  • The original *.rbInfo file is renamed to *.orig, a new file is created with extension *.converted
  • The entries from the *.converted file are appended to file windchill/src/wt/util/resource/resourceCustomize.rbInfo
  • The converted resource can now be compiled with command

ant -f bin/tools.xml bundle_custom -Dbundle.recurse=true

• The compiled entries are added to wt.util.resource.resourceCustomize.class file
Top Tags